MISSION & VISION
To significantly reduce the relatively high poverty incidence in the Philippines
To see and experience all marginalized Filipinos having dignified and poverty-free lives
PUMP: Pinoys Uplifting Marginalized Pinoys
• We deal in the Agri-Business Industry (any resource either in land or water).
• We provide professional consulting work to other companies/entities as long as related to Agri-Business.
• The economy suffered continuous underdevelopments in Agriculture Sector affecting the manufacturing sector and the export performance.
• There’s a challenge and need to revive the Agriculture Sector which could result in massive poverty eradication as it can provide job and livelihood generation in the country-sides.
• Private Initiatives, Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) and Government Aid need more collaboration in addressing alarming poverty challenge .
• An effective way to contribute to the uplifting of the marginalized and revival of the Agriculture Sector is to institutionalized a mechanism or system via Agribusiness.
PUMP-PINAS AGRI-BUSINESS CORP. GOALS
• Raise Capital of 1 Trillion PHP in the next 10 years from Impact Investments combined with some grants. This accumulated funding will be utilized for PUMP-PINAS Projects in Philippines poverty stricken regions. An entry strategy by the firm is via collaboration with key institutions specially if there are cooperatives in the targeted areas. Thereby, it seeks to connect all key institutions that have shared mission & vision for poverty eradication.
• Lessen the National Poverty Incidence from 25% to 5% in the next 10-30 years via intensive PUMP-PINAS Projects in the poverty stricken regions.
The PUMP-PINAS Projects are underpinned by Dr. William D. Dar's Inclusive Market-Oriented Development (IMOD) Framework for the Modernization & Industrialization of the Philippine Agriculture Sector.
Board of Advisers
Dr. Bernardo M. Villegas
•Economic Adviser of recent Philippine Presidents
•Chairman of Center for Research and Communication (CRC)
•Holder of Leo Parma-Asiapro Professorial Chair for Social Entrepreneurship
•Professor, University of Asia and the Pacific
•Visiting Professor, IESE Barcelona Spain
•Co-Founder of Makati Business Club (MBC)
Dr. William D. Dar
•Strategic Adviser, Global Expansion of Prasad Seeds Private Limited
•Director General, International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), India (1999-2014)
•Chairman Coordinator, National Agriculture and Fishery Council, Office of the President, (1999)
•Secretary, Department of Agriculture (1998-1999)
•Executive Director, Phil. Council for Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resources Research and Development (DOST -PCARRD), (1994-1998)
•Director, Bureau of Agricultural Research, Department of Agriculture, (1987-1984)
Dr. Ma. Cynthia S. Bantilan
•Former National Policy Adviser & Consultant for poverty and income Distribution, National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA)
Ambassador Jose V. Romero, Jr.
•Former Ambassador to Italy and to the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) and International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) of the United Nations
•Chairman of the Board of Philippine Regional Investment Development Corporation (PRIDE), an investment house
•Chairman of the Philippine Coconut Authority
Dr. Jose L. Carlos, Jr.
•Former Treasurer for AbaCore Capital Holdings
•Former Vice President of Globe Telecom, Inc.
•Former Information Technology General Manager of PT Indofod Sukses Makmur
•Former Chief Information Officer of Salim Food and Consumer Products Division of the Salim Group in Indonesia
Mr. Francis G. Estrada
•Founder of Odyssey Capital Ventures (SPV- AMC) Inc.
•Former President, Asian Institute of Management (AIM)
•Former President and Chief Executive Officer, William E. Simon and Sons (Asia), LDC
Board of Directors
Chairman of the Board
Dr. William D. Dar
President and CEO
Dr. Edgardo M. Capulong
Bienvenido P. Nito
Gregorio A. Mabbagu
Augusto P. Uyenco Jr.
Jonathan J. Latuja
Nestor V. Reantaso
Gian Thomas O. Drilon &
Dennison L. Uy
Tyrone Dale R. Agas &
Ronald B. Rodriguez
Ramon C. Roxas
Hector Romulo V. Hernandez
Impact Investors & Consultants
Charles Anthony H. Uyenco
Atty. Johannes L. Ignacio
Jose San Juan
James C. Caswang
Josemari Lorenzo R. Valdez
SENIOR EXTERNAL CONSULTANTS:
Dr. Winston Conrad B. Padojinog
Dr. Rolando T. Dy